part of a break through scientific study, you have been
chosen to be a member of a research team exploring the human body. For
the first time ever, humans will be exploring the human body from the
inside. Humans will no longer have to cut open the human body or use
microscopic cameras to see inside of it. They will be able to see it from
their own eyes. The groups that make up the research team will travel
inside the human body in a shuttle that will be reduced so that it may
safely pass through the blood stream. As part of the research team you
need to make a detailed record of the appearance and function of organs
and systems so that you can display your findings to the project organizers
and other team members.
Create a PowerPoint slide show of your teams travel log to display
your findings to the organizers of this study and other team members.
This study will be made up of six groups. Each group will be made
up of four team members. Each group will explore a different body system.
Group 1: Respiratory
Group 2: Circulatory
Group 3: Immune
Group 4: Digestive
Group 5: Skeletal
Group 6: Nervous
group will be given a list of questions that they need to answer. Each
member of the group will be assigned a task. There will be an information
specialist, a log entry specialist, an information coordinator and a project
1. What is the function of the respiratory system?
2. What organs make up the Respiratory System?
3. Where does air enter the body?
4. What are the two phases of breathing?
5. Identify the structure that prevents food from entering the windpipe?
6. What is the gateway to the lower respiratory system?
7. What is the proper name for the voice box?
8. What is the proper name for the windpipe?
9. How long is the windpipe?
10. What does the windpipe branch into?
11. What are the small sacs attached to the bronchial tubes called?
12. How many of these sacs are found in the lungs?
13. How many lobes does the left lung have?
14. How many lobes does the right lung have?
15. What functions does the left lung perform?
16. What functions does the right lung perform?
17. What lines the passages of the lungs?
18. What are cilia?
19. What is the function of the diaphragm during respiration?
20. What is a disorder that affects the respiratory system?
1. What is the function of the Circulatory System?
2.What organs make up the Circulatory System?
3. How many chambers does the heart have?
4. What are the upper chambers called?
5. What are the lower chambers called?
6. What is the function of the upper chamber?
7. What is the function of the lower chamber?
8. What is the largest artery in the body?
9.How many times does the heart beat in an average lifetime?
10. What are the two stages of a heart beat?
11. How much blood is pumped during each beat?
12. What are the three types of vessels?
13. What are their jobs?
14. What is normal blood pressure?
15. What is pulmonary circulation?
16. What is systematic circulation?
17. What is coronary circulation?
18. What special muscle fibers are found in the heart?
19. Where does the exchange between blood and the cells take place?
20. Identify two circulatory disorders?
1. What is the function of the immune system?
2. What are the parts of the immune system?
3. What are lymphocytes?
4. What do they do?
5. What are antibodies?
6. What are antigens?
7. What is the largest organ of the body?
8. What are the jobs performed by the skin?
9. What is the outer layer of skin called?
10. What is the inner layer of skin called?
11. What does the inner layer of skin contain?
12. How does the skin protect us?
13. What is the spleen's function in the immune system?
14. What are the two subsets of T-cells?
15. What cells are produced in bone marrow?
16. What are the cells of the immune system?
17. What is the normal white cell count?
18. What are the different types of white blood cells?
19. What is the most important type of white blood cell?
20. Name a disorder that affects the immune system?
1. What is the function of the digestive system?
2. What organs make up the digestive system
3. What are the hormones that control digestion?
4. Name the three processes that take place during digestion?
5. Name the tube that carries foods and liquids from the mouth to the
6. What is the mixture of food and digestive juices called?
7. What are the functions of the stomach?
8. What products are secreted by the stomach?
9. What are the portions of the large intestine?
10. What does the first half of the large intestine do?
11. What doest the second half of the large intestine do?
12. What are the three sections of the small intestine?
13. How long is the small intestine?
14. How many gallons of food, liquids, and waste does it process every
15. What are the finger-like projections found on intestinal cells?
16. What is the lowest portion of the large intestine?
17. What are the functions of the liver?
18. What is bile?
19. How does bile aid digestion?
20. Name a disorder that affects digestion?
1. What is the function of the skeletal system?
2. What does the skeletal system consist of?
3. How many teeth do we have as adults?
4. What are the different types of teeth?
5. What are the functions of each type?
6. How many ribs do we have?
7. Where is the smallest bone in the body located?
8. What are they types of joints found in the body?
9. What are the types of muscles found in the body?
10. What is the longest bone in the body?
11. What is the second longest bone in the body?
12. What is the proper name for the knee cap?
13. What are the three ligaments of the knee?
14. Name three muscles found in the back?
15. Name three muscles found in the arm?
16. Name three muscles found in the legs?
17. Name three bones found in the back?
18. How many bones are in the foot?
19. How many bones are in the shoulder?
20. Name a disorder that affects the skeletal system?
1. What is the function of the nervous system?
2. What are the two divisions of the nervous system?
3. What are their functions?
4. What are the two divisions of the automatic nervous system?
5. What are their functions?
6. What organs make up the nervous system?
7. How much does the average brain weigh?
8. What are the three major divisions of the brain?
9. What are the four lobes of the brain?
10. What are the functions of each lobe?
11. How many functional divisions is the cerebral cortex divided into?
12. What functions does the cerebral cortex control?
13. What functions does the cerebellum control?
14. What functions are controlled by the brain stem?
15. What part of the brain regulates temperature?
16. Which part of the brain relays information between the spine and other
parts of the brain?
17. How many segments make up the spine?
18. What are the types of neurons?
19. What is the difference between axons and dendrites?
20.Name a disorder that affects the Nervous System?
This project is worth 100 points. Each group will receive all
points if all questions are answered correctly and if their presentation
includes all data obtained through the questions as well as sound and
By the end of this project, every student should know about some of
the major systems of the body. They should be able to identify organs
the system discussed in this project and they should know the function