Purpose: The purpose of this activity it to help students develop an awareness of their state.
1. The students will develop report writing skills.
2. The students will develop an awareness of the geography and climate of Nebraska.
3. The students will develop an awareness of the history of Nebraska.
4. The students will identify the state symbols of Nebraska.
5. The students will identify the structure of Nebraska's government.
6. The students will develop an awareness of the economy and natural resources.
7. The students will develop an awareness of the people and culture of Nebraska.
8. The students will practice locating information on the Internet.
Use the following links and any other information that you can locate to write a five page report about Nebraska. The report must cover the following areas: geography, climate, history, government, economy, people, culture, and symbols of Nebraska. The report must be typed. The report should be double spaced with one inch margins. Information taken from the sources you use must be cited in your report and the report must include a reference page and a title page.