Purpose: The purpose of this activity it to help students develop an awareness of their state.
1. The students will develop an awareness of the geography of Nebraska.
2. The students will develop an awareness of the history of Nebraska.
3. The students will identify the state symbols of Nebraska.
4. The students will identify the structure of Nebraska's government.
5. The students will develop an awareness of the economy and natural resources.
6. The students will develop an awareness of the people and culture of Nebraska.
7. The students will practice locating information on the Internet.
Use the following links to answer the questions below. Answers to the questions should be typed up or neatly written in cursive on a piece of wide-ruled paper.
2.Identify the 4 soveriegn Indian tribes that inhabit Nebraska?
3. Name the first European settlement in Nebraska?
4.Name the state's motto.
5. What was the largest black settlement in Nebraska?
6. Name three historic sites located in Nebraska.
7. Name two of Nebraska's early newspapers?
8. Name four endangered species that use the Platte River.
9. Identify the days Lewis and Clark spent in Omaha, Nebraska.
10. Name the architect that designed the State Capitol Building.
11. Name three trails used in Great Migration of 1843.
12. Identify three prehistoric creatures whose fossils have been found in Nebraska.