of Green Gables Webquest
In our class you have been listening to the story of Anne of Green Gables
by L.M. Montgomery. As part of our unit on this book you will use the
Internet to do further exploration on the book Anne of Green Gables and
its author. You will be divided into groups and each group will use the
Internet to explore a different area. Each group will need to make a detailed
record of your findings so they can report their findings to the other
Each group will use the Internet to explore an area involving Anne of
Green Gables and then will create a poster to display your findings to
the other groups. The poster must include all the information that was
gathered by answering the questions, have a neat centered title, and 3
illustrations (these can be neatly drawn and colored hand drawings or
pictures printed off the web).
This study will be made up of six groups. Each group will be made up of
four team members. Each group will explore a different area.
Group 1: L.M. Montgomery
Group 2: Home town of L.M. Montgomery
Group 3: Green Gables
Group 4: Prince Edward Island
Group 5: Canada
Group 6: Anne of the Green Gables the movie
group will be given a list of questions that they need to answer. Each
member of the group will be assigned a task. There will be an information
technologist, a data recorder, a project coordinator and a project reporter.
1. Where was Lucy Maude Montgomery born?
2. What year was Lucy Maude Montgomery born?
3. What was Lucy Maude Montgomery's husband's name?
4. When did Lucy Maude Montgomery die?
5. How many children did she have?
1. Where did Lucy Maude Montgomery live after she was married?
2. What township was it located near?
3. What church found in the township was used in the television show "Road
4. How did the township get its name?
5. What is the myth about the origin of the township's name?
1. Where is Green Gables located?
2. How was Lucy Maude Montgomery connected to Green Gables?
3. How many visitors does Green Gables get each year?
4. Describe the appearance of two rooms found at Green Gables.
5. What were two of Lucy Maude Montgomery's favorite haunts at Green Gables?
1. Who is the Lieutenant Governor of Prince Edward Island and what is
his role in the government?
2. How many members are there in the legislative assembly?
3. What was the population of Prince Edward Island in the year 2000?
4. What is the capital of Prince Edward Island?
5. What is the motto of Prince Edward Island?
6. What are the three counties of Prince Edward Island?
1. Describe what makes up the Royal Grant of Canada?
2. Who is featured on the Great Seal of Canada?
3. How did Canada get its name?
4. Who composed Oh Canada?
5. What is Boxing Day and when is it celebrated?
1. Who played Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe in the film version of Anne
of Green Gables?
2. Who was the executive producer of the film version of Anne of Green
3. L.M. Montgomery's book was set in Prince Edward Island but most of
the film was filmed elsewhere. Where was it filmed?
4. What actress did the producer originally want to play Marilla?
5. When was the movie version of Anne of Green Gables filmed?
This project is worth 100 points. Each member of the group will receive
all points if all questions are answered correctly and if their poster
includes all data obtained through the questions, has a neat centered
title, and 3 illustrations (these can be neatly drawn and colored hand
drawings or pictures printed off the web). Group members who are absent
or who do not do their assigned job will be given an alternate assignment
to complete for the 100 points.
By the end of this project, every student should know facts about the
setting, author and film of Anne of Green Gables. They should be able
to identify facts about the author's life, locations found in the book,
and facts about the movie version of Anne of Green Gables.